The Little Professor is a backwards-functioning calculator designed for children ages 6 to 11. Instead of providing the answer to a mathematical expression entered by the user, it generates unsolved expressions and prompts the user for the answer.
When the user turns the Little Professor on and selects a difficulty level, an incomplete equation such as “3 x 6 =” appears on the LED screen. The user has two chances to enter the correct number. If the answer is incorrect, the screen displays “EEE”. After the second wrong answer, the correct answer is displayed. Correct answers are rewarded with a “wobbling hat and mustache” image and goes to the next equation. The Little Professor displays the number of correct first answers after each set of 5 problems.
- Arithmetic functions are specified randomly
- An incorrect entry will give you an error message with a second attempt to answer correctly
- Math facts are presented in the four basic arithmetic operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Difficulty levels are individually selectable from level one, which is considered “very easy” to level five which is considered “more challenging
- Very environmentally friendly solar-powered learning tool
- Recommended for preschool and primary school as well as, special needs school-aged children
- The Little Professor™ Solar learning tool is not a calculator so much as a learning tool, similar to electronic flashcards
- Lack of sound minimizes classroom interruption while in use by multiple students
- Includes over 80,000 pre-programmed tasks.
- Awards a star for each correct answer and smiles when five sums are answered correctly.
- Robust housing and solar powered cells.